Ever had that sinking feeling when you format your SD card with all your precious holiday photos. Before realizing that you hadn’t actually copied them anywhere? Don’t worry if you have encountered this situation a good SD card recovery software might do the trick.
Most people nowadays have digital cameras, smart phones, camcorders etc. Usually, these kinds of products have an SD card inside, which is small in shape but has a vast storage capacity. It allows you to store a huge amount of media files like photos, videos and audio. And the most important out of it I guess are photos coz photos mark down the precious memories of our families, friends and relations. It actually makes our lives more convenient.
Some common reasons how you lose your data on SD card
- Accidental deletion of your photo or videos from SD card
- Unintentionally formatting your SD card
- Power surge while transferring files from SD card to PC
- Snapping pictures when the battery power is low
- Damage or memory card error due to turning off your camera unexpectedly
- Using the same SD cards on different devices
After data loss due to any above mentioned scenario the important step is to – Immediately stop using the SD card which has your precious photos, videos and other files. The best thing to do is to plug the SD card out of the device and put it in safe place.
Why should we follow that step?
In order to maximize the chance of SD card data recovery. Theoretically speaking, a delete or format option won’t delete the original data saved on your SD card. The data still remains intact on your SD card waiting to be recovered. As long as those data is not overwritten (If you continue to save more files, they might be overwritten), you definitely have a chance to recover them back from your SD card.
Whatever may be the reason behind the data loss. These files can be recovered by utilizing a powerful photo recovery software. One such powerful software is Yodot Mac Photo Recovery.
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery (Macintosh) is a wonderful photo recovery software which recovers all your lost / deleted data from your SD card. The software supports recovery of various kinds of files such as audio (MP3, MP4, AIFF, AIF, AMR, M4b, WAV and etc) , video(AVI, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, RM, M4V and etc) ,and photo(JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PSD and etc) files. It also recovers raw images of formats such as NEF, CR2, CRW, DNG, ARW, SR2, ORF, MRW, captured from all popular digital cameras for ex Canon, Nikon, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Olympus, Sanyo and etc. It is the best utility for SD card recovery on Mac. Additional to this supports all the latest version of Mac OS.
How the Recover your data using the software
- Remove the card from your camera or any other device
- Attach the SD card via card reader to your Macintosh
- Download and install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery. Get here to download
- Open the software and stick to the onscreen procedure
- Use “Deleted Photo Recovery” option to retrieve your deleted files or use “Lost Photo Recovery” option to rescue your lost files
- The application scans and displays all the Volumes present on your Mac machine including the external drives
- Select the Volume which indicates your SD card and click on “Next” button
- The Software scans the selected volume and displays all the deleted / lost data
- Select the corresponding files and folders that you want to retrieve
- Preview the photo before saving them
- Browse the destination location to save your rescued files. Make sure that the destination location is not same from where you are recovering your data from