Today morning when I tried to open my Outlook, I got an error message “Outlook.pst is not a personal storage folder file”. I have posted my problem in many forums but I didn’t get any response. I have even tried Scanpst.exe method but no use. I need you guys to recommend any other way to fix broken PST file. Thanks in advance.
Not only the above mentioned case, but user is experiencing many error statements due to PST file corruption. Here is the list of some errors:
- The file Outlook.pst cannot be found
- Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
- pst cannot be accessed – 0x80040116
- Unable to display the folder. The file xxxxx.pst cannot be accessed
There is a one more manual repair option to fix PST file rather than Scanpst.exe. Let’s see more in detail:
- Close Outlook application completely including in the task manager.
- Now open mail in control panel
- Before going to delete profile completely, note down the server settings
- Don’t worry about taking backup because it will be available on Microsoft Exchange Server
- Re-launch Outlook, it will create a new profile
- At last configure the server settings that is noted
- Outlook will start normally with the data stored on server
Still if you are not satisfied with the result, then make use of an optimum solution to fix broken PST file. Let me guide you about a method that will make you aggravate free.
Using finite application
Outlook PST Repair software is the predominant tool which can fix broken/corrupted/damaged PST. It is read only software which will not modify source content of PST file. The software by default restores all deleted emails. All Outlook attributes like calendar items, emails, notes, contacts, etc can be effortlessly retrieved. The program supports recovery of PST file from Outlook versions 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. After scanning, the tool facilitates Outlook Styled Preview to view attributes in PST file. Even the password encrypted PST file can be repaired easily by using this tool. The application requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows server 2003 and 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating systems.
Simple procedure to run software
Make sure Outlook is not running in background -> Download Outlook PST Repair application to Windows PC -> Install it by using guidelines available on screen -> From the main screen you will find three options i.e., ‘Open PST File’, ‘Find PST File’ and ‘Select Outlook Profile’ -> Choose first option if you know the exact location of PST file -> If you unaware of the location, then use ‘Find PST File’ option -> Pick up ‘Select Outlook Profile’ if you have multiple Outlook accounts -> As soon as you select one preferred option, next screen will appear with two scanning options ‘Smart scan’ and ‘Normal scan’ -> Choose ‘Smart scan’ to fix entire broken PST file -> Browse destination path to save repaired PST file and click on ‘Next’ -> The screen will start repairing the broken PST file -> Once it is done ‘You will get a confirmation message “File Repaired Successfully”