From yesterday my OST file got inaccessible and showing error code- 8004011D-526-80040115-0. I have no idea, why this error is coming and how to remove it. This OST file contains some crucial data in it. I don’t have backup of OST file so please recommend a simple solution to repair OST file and convert OST to PST file format.
If corrupt .ost file is your issue, then you can try SCANPST.EXE of MS Outlook. It will repair your corrupt .ost file, however it may sometimes fail to fix the damage. In that case you can try with some third-party OST to PST converter software, as it will help you repair corrupt .ost file and regain your mailbox items from it. Before knowing about the third party tool let us know reasons behind OST file corruption and errors:
- Sudden termination of Outlook application may damage OST file
- Due to hard drive corruption or presence of bad sectors in HDD
- Inappropriate installation of MS Outlook is also a reason for OST corruption
- File system corruption
- Due to incorrect synchronization between OST file and exchange server mailbox
In addition to above given problem, there are number of reasons due which user may require to convert OST file to PST, such as:
- When the OST file is damaged due to sever virus attack
- Inaccessibility of OST due to synchronization error
- Corruption to Windows registry database
- Due to Microsoft Exchange error
So now the time comes to understand how to convert OST to PST. Read the next paragraph to know about suitable OST PST converter tool.
When it comes to converting OST file to PST file, OST to PST Converter is a preferred application. This is read only software which does not modify original content of source file, rather it extracts content from corrupted OST file and convert it to a healthy PST file. It has easy and attractive graphical user interface, which even a novice user can operate it easily. It can repair and retrieve damaged emails, journal, notes, calendar items, contacts, tasks, attachments and all other Outlook items. It has the capability of converting OST to PST which is created using Microsoft Exchange versions 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, and 2010 on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008 and Server 2003 operating systems.
Directions to use the software:
- On your Windows computer download and install OST to PST Converter software and launch it either by desktop shortcut option or from start menu
- Then, follow provided on screen guidelines and proceed the conversion process
- Main screen will provide two options i.e., “Open OST Files” and “Find OST File”
- Select “Open OST Files” option to browse corrupted Outlook OST file from known location
- Choose “Find OST File” option if you don’t know exact location of damaged OST file
- Once you pic the OST file, next Window will indicate you to browse the destination path to save the converted OST file (PST)
- Further, hit on “Convert” button to begin with conversation process
- After completion of conversation process, tool will display a confirmation message stating, “OST file conversation completed”