“I downloaded RAR archive from my mail account. However, when I try to open those archives in WinRAR tool on my Windows 8 system. I was getting error message stating that “unable to open .rar files”. I don’t have any idea about this issue. So can anyone suggest me to fix RAR file that is not opening in Windows 8?”
By following below steps you can open RAR Files in Windows 8:
- First save the RAR file to Windows system (Suppose you downloaded compressed file from a website then it will saved in Downloads folder in Documents or user directory)
- In next process launch the WinZip tool from start menu or desktop shortcut->Open the compressed file (if system has the compressed file extension associated with WinZip program then double-click on the file)
- Select all folders and files inside the compressed file or multi-select only the files or folders
- Click Unzip and Choose Unzip to PC or Cloud in the WinZip toolbar under the Unzip/Share tab
- Finally select the target location to place the extracting files and click “Unzip” button
- You can find the extracted files in the destination
In certain circumstance you are unable to open rar files on windows 8 due to several reason such as
- Interruption may occur while downloading or extracting the contents of WinRAR archive
- Due to RAR header file corruption, bad sector and hardware failure, file system conversion, improper recovery etc.
- Incomplete download process of RAR archive
- Inappropriate file extension of RAR file
If your .rar file is not opening in Windows 8 system due to above facts then you may think how to open rar files on windows 8? Then you can use above step to open .RAR files. Otherwise make use of RAR Archives to fix it. Let us discus this application briefly
RAR File application:
You are unable to open .rar files on Windows 8 system? Then go with efficient tool called RAR Repair. This tool will fix this issue with couple of clicks without altering file content during repair process. The software is built with powerful algorithms, which has the ability to repair encrypted password protected archives. This tool helps to mend corrupted larger RAR file size. You can easily recover and fix inaccessible RAR file content and also preview the repaired RAR files structure. It can repair RAR files that do not open due to file damage and other logical errors on Windows 8 system. You can fix damaged WinRAR archives that are corrupted due to extraction error, disk error, virus infection etc. This utility supports all platforms of Windows system running with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
Simple steps to open .rar file:
Download and install RAR Repair application to Windows 8 system-> After installing, run the run the software -> On main screen click on ‘BROWSE’ button to choose not opening RAR file from Windows 8 system drive-> After selecting RAR file, click on ‘REPAIR’ button ->After clicking on REPAIR process software starts scanning the selected RAR file -> Once scanning process is done successfully ->Then you can see all recovered items from repaired RAR file->Finally you save the fixed RAR file in desired location on Windows.