“Hey there! I enciphered few office files to maintain my privacy and saved them on my pen drive. I tried to copy those files onto desktop. After connecting the USB drive to system, instead of hitting on scan option I accidentally clicked on format command. Ultimately all encrypted data got erased. Seriously I need that data to proceed with my further work. Can anybody prescribe me an alternative to solve this issue and there is no backup for it. Help me please!”
It is not new thing to hear such data loss situation in day-to-day life. Even though the files are safeguarded under the eagle eyes of users; there are many ways by which data might get lost. Just like the above mentioned scenario, with a single click on wrong option entire data vanished within a short spell.
Keep eyes open to some of the causes that can result in encrypted data loss on hard disk
- Invasion of virus and malicious software threats on hard drive that holds encrypted data
- Accidentally deleting protected files permanently from device using Shift+Del combination
- Interrupted transmission of files from hard drive to system or vice versa
- Can be because of File system corruption, OS malfunction
- Performing unintentional format on HDD
- Installing untrustworthy and insecure third party applications
When it comes to encrypted data and files, extra care should be taken to recover them. Mostly, coded data are information that are authenticated and protected. So avoid risk of losing them by trying some unreliable tools. If you are thinking about how to recover encrypted data from hard drive then Move on to File Recovery utility to resolve this complication.
What is the mystery behind this tool to retrieve encrypted data from hard drive?
File Recovery application is built with advanced scanning algorithm that deep scans each and every sector of hard disk drive to bring deleted, missing and hidden encrypted data files. This software helps in retrieving Word Documents, Excel sheets, presentation files, images, videos, audio files, archive files and other type of file formats. Not just Hard drives but data from pen drives, SD cards, CF cards, Memory Sticks, external hard drives, etc. can be brought back securely with this application. RAW search option is an added advantage that can save a lot of time because of unique signature feature. Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 versions of operating system are some of Windows Operating System versions supported by this utilization.
Simple procedure for restoring hard drive with encrypted data
- Connect Hard drive to Windows PC
- Download File Recovery tool downloaded onto your Windows system
- Install it and run the application
- Opt for either “Deleted File Recovery” or “Lost File Recovery” based on requirement
- Choose disk drive from where encrypted data were lost/deleted and then click on “Next” option
- Once scan is initiated, recoverable files will be displayed on screen, pick files of interest by utilizing “Data View” or “File Type View” options
- “Preview” to confirm intact data recovery
- Save regained data files onto target location