If you have a question whether Windows 7 reinstallation will make you lose files then your answer is – yes. Reinstallation of your system OS will remove all your data files, installed applications, configured settings and other stuff.
You may have decided to reinstall your Windows 7 to speed up performance or to get rid of problems caused by some application. Indeed this is a better approach to reinstall your existing OS; if you are not careful it could turn to be a serious problem.
You need to take necessary precautions before going with Windows 7 reinstall so as to avoid huge data loss situation. Some measures include –
- Back up all your drive data
- Even if it is the case that you are installing Windows 7 in a separate hard drive partition, you need to keep a safe backup copy of your data
During the process of reinstallations users have found some issues which lead them to lose their entire drive data. It could be improper OS installation, interruption during reinstallation, corruption issues and other software errors.
You might be thinking if I reinstall Windows 7 will I lose my files? If something goes wrong with re-installation then there’s nothing to worry when you have a backup copy. But if it’s too late and you have not maintained a proper backup then your data seems to be lost forever. Still, don’t panic Windows creates a new folder named Windows.old in your C:\- maintaining all program files and other necessary data. At worst situations, creation of this file may remain incomplete due to some or the other reason. Don’t give up, your data is still retained in hard disk and can be recovered with appropriate third-party program – Yodot Hard Drive Recovery.
What hard drive recovery software can do?
- Yodot tool is implemented with advanced algorithmic techniques that is capable to get back entire hard drive contents even when hard disk is in an inaccessible state
- Good tool to restore deleted files from drive when data loss occurs due to Windows 7 OS reinstallation errors
- Supports all major hard drive types from different manufacturers
- Data retrieval from bad sectors, formatted drives, partition loss, MBR errors, etc with greater efficiency
- Application usage will not alter existing data
- Runs on all Windows versions including Windows 7 – Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Vista, XP and Windows Server 2008 and 2003 versionsHow to run the tool and restore data from hard drive after Windows 7 OS reinstall?To begin with, you need to safely remove your hard drive of your Windows 7 PC. Reconnect it to a healthy Windows system. Try out the demo version for free and get the program installed on working computer and execute it. Press on Formatted/reformatted Recovery button that is on main window and mark on Windows 7 hard drive. The program applies its deep scan mechanism on marked data drive and restores data present on it. Upon complete scan, choose a file view pattern among- Data View or File Type View. Preview the data and continue to save extracted files in a safe location.